Can you include only the best examples of each type of achievement?
Can you highlight the breadth and depth of your technical, analytical and interpersonal skills?
- 3 core skills spell TAI
- Technical (languages, including computer code, accounting: certificates, testable)
- Analytical (curriculum development, decision making)
- Interpersonal (dealing with students, parents, politics, public speaking, leadership)
(ME) Mutually Exclusive - "must ensure that a list of items is mutually exclusive, or that every item is separate and distinct"
(CE) Collectively Exhaustive - "it must also be collectively exhaustive, that it includes every issue relevant to the problem"
The MECE principle, pronounced 'meesee', mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive, is a grouping principle. It says that when data from a category is desired to be broken into subcategories, the choice of subcategories should be
- collectively exhaustive -- i.e., the set of all subcategories, taken together, should fully characterize the larger category of which the data are part ("no gaps"),
- mutually exclusive -- i.e., no subcategory should represent any other subcategory ("no overlaps")
-Updated by Vince on 18 Feb 2013