To save space for quantitative data (#, $, %) and qualitative details (first, youngest, only, best), I encourage you to use "Résumé English."
- To conserve space, remove articles 'a', 'an', and 'the'
- Do NOT use the subject 'I'
- Do not use helping verbs ('is,' 'was,' 'were')
- Use tenses in the past, except for your present job. Example: Conducted routine inspections of on site equipment
- Change all numbers to numerals (1, 2, 3). In essays, write numbers into words if below 10 (except $ or %). In resumes and application data forms, you can ignore this "rule" in order to save space
- More tips on how to write numbers here
(modified from http://esl.about.com/cs/englishworkplace/ht/ht_resume.htm; accessed 2012/07)
-Updated by Vince on 1 Sep 2014